View Single Post
Old 07-01-16, 14:44
Super Moderator

A helpful spammer just bought this thread to my attention... Can't think why I didn't comment at the time but as it is about trends it might be interesting to see what opinions are now.

So here are some of mine...

HDR done in such a way as to be obvious, subtly done it can be great but normally it looks horrible.

Colour popping - I am guilty of having done it in the past but wish I hadn't. For me it is over used and under effective not to mention more that a little cheesy!

Both of those could be combined into the fact that I don't like a photo to look processed. I have no issue with a bit of PP and will happily crop, tweek or clone photos if I need to but I like to keep it close to the photo I took. PP should enhance a photo not distort it. That said I do love to shot with a shallow depth of field and get smooth backgrounds which clearly doesn't represent reality. So I like to distort reality with a lens but not with a computer, but I never claimed to be consistent!

My other big irritation is people taking photos of captive birds/animals and trying to pass them of as wild. I waste a lot of time trying to take photos of birds and hate the fact that a good photo is often doubted because so many people cheat.