View Single Post
Old 15-07-07, 22:25

I think John is being a little disingenuous here. He is referring to a black and white shot of mine in the gallery and I can certainly confirm that I don't have "the hump".
1. I always tick the comments welcome box- why else do I post photos here. There are dozens of web-sites where I can get a "oohh, thats nice" reaction. I like to hear what people think GOOD or BAD. I do admit though, that I only post images that I have spent considerable time working on.
2. My reaction to John's post was to suggest he ask about my technique first, and then criticise when the facts are available as he was suggesting something I had already done.
3. I wanted John's attention to my answer and didn't think he would re-visit the image, so I posted a minor criticism to one of his own shots (asking if the shot could be straightened slightly - a not uncommon critique to lots of shots). I thought this preferable to a PM as this is meant to be an open forum.
4. If I have offended John in any way - sorry (and I still don't have the hump!
5. The shot in question was taken using a D200 in RAW mode - opened in Aperture with some sharpening and saturation and a tiny crop. Then exported to CS3 where I converted to b/w using the new black and white mixer (which is fantastic!). I applied a red filter and then some selective burning and dodging. A little unsharp mask and then back to aperture. Back once more to photoshop as a jpeg and conversion to greyscale to make it smaller to upload to this forum - phewww!