Thread: Canon 20d
View Single Post
Old 07-11-06, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan View Post
Well its hard but you're the one that should make the final decision and remember as long as you have your money in your pocket, you have the easy buying power. Make the one decision that keeps you happiest and no mater what, waiting and refrain form impulsive decisions works perfectly in your favor.
Hi Lello,

I have missed all this ( busy elsewhere ). Totaly agree with Sassan. As you have no comitment by way of lenses then which ever system you buy into it is down to what appeals. If it is between Canon and Nikon both have good brand glass. Cheaper alternatives available from Sigma or Tamron.

If you are not in a desperate rush then I would suggest the New Years sales as the best time to buy price wise, and have a play in the shops in the mean time.

Slightly contrary to Rob I think the body is important. Although image quality may be marginal between certain brand models you have to enjoy your photography. Consider things like brightness of viewfinder, ease of operation of controls, menu navigation and how they would fit with what you would consider ideal.

I have to admit to still struggling with menus. I still think a la F2 or F3.

No mention of Pentax yet or have you discounted it.

Don