View Single Post
Old 23-01-07, 03:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftysnapper View Post
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftysnapper View Post
A shame you let your misunderstanding of written technology color your judgment of a very good system

crafty

Crafty; Anything when fully studied, known, or explained can be easily understood.
Buzz words are rather different expected to serve a clear role, a “Sine qua non” If you may, and when wrongly used rightly, could be deceiving or serve as a dirty luring technique granted to cause frustration once consumer get aware of all the facts. Yes I know what it means exactly at this point but not the first time I read it and let me tell you that I am a generally careful reader by virtue of being prey and victim of several prior fine prints. In fact I had a full clear idea that Olympus’ cheap camera has a large expensive sensor…. As a common person with limited knowledge, don’t you believe anyone would be easily mislead by the way Olympus tries to take advantage of lack of the prospective consumer’s attention? I don't feel at all stupid ,as in putting this question in a different forum; I got a universal anger toward the way Olympus played with words here, over emphasis on Full Frame the way it makes a different concept in mind of less careful or unequipped reader. I could be wrong but I still feel shame to Olympus’ promotional sector, and this is not only what makes me to say this. From legendary OM SLR series that was once used as the one of exclusive lines for NASA's outer space usage (Indicative of level of precision and excellence they achieved in 1970s), and unlike Nikon's F-3HP or FM that were a boosted gizmo version (Entirely different animal than what consumer could put hand on), OM-1 was chosen of the corner camera store’s shelve for space mission. Enough to say about quality and reputation. In today's DSLR market Olympus has chosen an almost negligible share, virtually doesn't exist in North America's market, not even caring to offer their newer models such as E-400 (That are only sold in Europe). Looking at this weeks’ sale in my local electronic chain store (Frys Electronics sku #4633228) 8MP DSLR with 2 lens (E-500) is advertised at 697 US$ and both lenses are the well made original Olympus glasses Zuiko 14-45 and 40-150mm. The entry level of any other manufacturer even without kit lens, won't come close to this embarrassing price... Still in talking with a sale manager, there is no buyer here....... Olympus has concentrated only on point and shot cameras, forget about those precision medical and technical gadget once made by them.
Olympus needs a revolution in their marketing and many other sectors. Many at higher levels need to be terminated, opening seats for the energetic younger drivers that know where to steer.
If it is still shame on me, then may it as well be…

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN