View Single Post
Old 21-01-09, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Buy cheap film nikon to make me feel better...and probably put it on a shelf (F55 seem to be had for less than a tenner on ebay! lol)...
Thought you had a display case full of old cameras? As long as you have the capability to use film, are you gaining anything photographically by having another camera such as an F55?

The two film cameras that get some use by me, sit on the shelf as ornaments 99.9% of the time. The z50P which is technically far more capable, sits in a bag in the cupboard 100% of the time. I doubt if it's even worth a tenner on ebay, so isn't worth selling.

If you want an F55 for aesthetic reasons, to sit on a shelf and be admired, then fine, go ahead and get one with some of the revenue raised by selling the F5. If you want a film camera primarily to look at, but want to be able to use now and again, then pick a model with a bit more of a classic look and feel, even if it's not one of the models that attracts premium prices. You're buying it because it's pretty, not a financial investment.

Duncan