Thread: Ring Flash
View Single Post
Old 15-03-18, 04:54

You have 3 goals: Portrait / still life / macro.
I used to have a Nikon D40 but not sure about the dedicated flashes.
I say because your wish list is rather long and you need to figure out where your exact area of desire is, so that you can invest more focally, for now don't go anything fancy or abnormally expensive such as manufacturer's own flashes etc. As said start with a cheap ring flash that does all the basics for the Macro and gives you a real hand on work experience. If you decided that it is for you, you can always empty your pocket as you like in a later phase, at least with less financial causalities.
Macro is all about "Manual" so I suggest something easy, cheap and manual such as this one:

LINK

that for about $22 or £ 15 or so, you simply can't go wrong.

Then if you really like to work it for Portrait, these flashes are not what you should actually look for. You are a lot better to go for simple portable flash case such as this one that will fit most common flash heads of any manufacturer and give a pleasant and wanted result for under $100. This one actually collapses well into a very small size and easily portable in usual camera bag, when not in use.

LINK

For portrait, there are a lot more other options but returning to your question, this is closest I can come with.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 15-03-18 at 04:57.