View Single Post
Old 16-03-14, 17:48

I have an analogy that may or may not apply. I have been riding mountain bikes for 25yrs, for some reason people often ask my advice on whether brand X or model Y is any good. I usually say there are no bad bikes out there now a days.. Just different price brackets. You get different specs for each budget. At the cheaper end it may well not do what you want (ride down serious mountains or even ride round a trail center) or last too long if used frequently.

I usually say first thing is consider your budget and within reason stick to it (its easy to get carried away).

Consider your level of experience, little point starting with top of the range if you're just starting out.

Consider what you want to do with it and how often you will use it. Don't spend a fortune on something you will only use occasionally (is it a fad?)

I guess the same applies to cameras (or any other pastime for that matter)

I currently own my 1st digital camera (Canon G12) purchased a year ago on Ebay. I have decided I will be buying my 1st DSLR this year. Hopefully I will be taking my own & other sensible advice on this thread!!