View Single Post
Old 26-01-07, 20:57

Dust on mirror, sensors, or fresnel screens?
Use a rocket blower (Giotto do the best one, priced at around £7 depending on where you look)
If the blower method doesn't work, or you end up simply blowing the dust around inside the camera body, try the opti-clean sensor cleaning system. the green kit comes in at approximately £55...very expensive, but to does work very well. comes with vacuum system and swabs. A way better method than the old Jessops branded mini vacs, which are no longer sold, which were (quite frankly) crap!

Incidentally, sensor, mirror and focus screen related problems are some of the most common reasons behind many of the repairs we take in at our shop.

I would personally not recommend using any wet cleaning methods on sensors, or mirrors.....unless in a do or die situation!....I wouldn't even entertain cleaning a fresnel screen by wetting it!...I wrecked enough of my own Nikon Contax and Bronica screens to learn the hard way!

As a footnote, when atempting to clean this items, point the open body mount throat opening downwards (ie viewfinder up) so that anything loosened falls out rather than back onto the shutter or sensor assemblies.

Good luck!