View Single Post
Old 14-10-11, 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurid View Post
^^^^ your absolutely correct about some people not having any shame. If you ever listen to the news, you'll know that people do very strange things.

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and photo technology ( editing equipment). So I'm just wondering, If some one did post a low quality image that a person wanted to steal, could they do that and make the photo better using their computer and some software? Just asking.
Yes, they could no doubt improve it, and use it for the internet. I doubt they'd be able to make a decent A4 print though.
I've heard of cases where printed images in exhibitions & books have been photographed & used as the copiers own work. One student apparently got a lifetime ban because one of his examiners happened to be a co-author of a book he'd used to copy from. (Serves him right!) The only ways to ensure no one copies your work is to make sure no one sees it or the ensure images are degraded to the point nobody wants too. I don't see the point in either of those, so damage limitation is the way to go.

Pentax K5ii & Panasonic G5 user (with far too many bits to list)
Member of North Essex Photographic Workshop
Also online with PentaxUser.co.uk, Flickr, MU-43, MFLenses...