View Single Post
Old 01-02-13, 17:54

Default Grey Imports - Simply Electronics

I purchased a Canon 7D Camera from Simply Electronics, Camera works ok but when i checked serial number i found it was false sent info to Canon UK and received this email back.

Dear Mr. M.A,
Thank you for providing images of your camera and packaging.
From the images provided I am very sorry to inform you that the external serial number displayed on your camera is not a genuine Canon serial number but is a fake/counterfeit serial number. Please note this does NOT mean that the camera itself is counterfeit, just that the serial number is counterfeit.

Fake serial numbers conceal the source of the product. This is usually done in an attempt to conceal the fact that the product is a "parallel" or "grey market" product. Grey market products are products which were put on the market outside of Europe and not intended for the European market. The sale of grey market goods in the UK infringes Canon's trade mark rights and risks a number of other legal implications including Customs and tax offences, improper localisation for the UK market (including for example, low grade or unsafe third party UK power cords, no valid UK/European manufacturer's one year warranty, and ineligibility for European promotions) and breach of European Environmental and Safety requirements.

We have reported this matter to our Anti-Counterfeit Team who will investigate the matter and consider all necessary legal action against the seller. We suggest that you seek a refund from your seller and enlist the help of Trading Standards in doing so as necessary.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Charlotte O'Grady
Canon Services & Support

Be warned that Grey imports from this company may have been tampered with.
They said they would send a courier to pick up the item but would not give any guarantee the they would either refund cost of camera, replace counterfeit camera or return the camera.
I have not let them take the item. Lack of trust.