Thread: please respond
View Single Post
Old 26-07-06, 21:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplebyron
this site to me is a place where i try out new ideas and really want opinions on what i place on view, i dont mind and welcome harsh critique. I wish people hung about more and ventured deep into the forums where things could be discussed in depth ... this site is brilliant, the opportunities are enormous, it just seems very ephemeral and transitory ... anonymous people placing anonymous pictures.
Hi purplebyron

In the short life of this site similar views have been represented before and I am sure they will be again but as I believe the site aims to be many things to many people I see plenty of opportunity for serious critique just as there is space for the "nice shot" type comment.

However my main reason for posting is that I am intrigued. I'm pretty new to photography and at present learn a lot from what people say about their own images. So, given that you want comment why do you tell us so little about your pictures. Having looked at all 4 you put in today's gallery there is no exif data, no mention of equipment, no comment on circumstance or why you think it worth posting; not even a title. Again that is entirely your perrogative - but I find it slightly at odds with this thread ??