View Single Post
Old 16-08-06, 21:38

I left school and studied day release toward a HND in electronics for five years - easy 12 hours at college and minimum homework. At 21 I sorted my life out house, lady and cat (most important left last) that sort of stuff then in my mid twenties frustrated that no-one seemed to recognise HND I decided to study and obtain a BSc (Hons) with the OU, distance learning at it finest. I spend five hard years studying evenings and all weekend - it was hard but rewarding. There were lows and exceptional highs (hat-trick of 100% assignments). One year I totalled over 650 hours to gain a distinction in a sociology course. I spend the winters recovering a sleeping! At the end I lost interest and cruised home doing the minimum.

I hope I dont put you off, distance learning toward a degree is possible but you must be very dedicated and its no walk in the park. There will be times when you have to leave the lawn to grow and other times when you'll want to mow the lawn for a break.

Continuing the story... feeling I missed out on five years I wanted a new pursuit what would get me out of the study, satisfy the mind and also the body. Photography for fun.....then I learned to fly an aeroplane.

I am now a Nikon owner with a flying habit in my mid-thirties