View Single Post
Old 14-06-08, 18:53

Default DSLR with moveable viewer

I wasn't aware of any DSLR with a rotating and fully mobile viewer screen that can be extremely useful when you take a very low angle shoot or using camera on a telescope pointed high into sky, etc till now. Sony had a limited movable viewer body that just wasn't adequate (Not fully swingable only moving in 90 degree up and down motion) and though it seems like a cheap feature, as many point & shoot cameras have this feature at price tags or $200 and up wards, it seems like DSLR manufacturers have totally ignored this very needed features specially for serious amateurs or professionals. You probably remember the bells and whistles Nikon had with F3 in 1980s that would give you this low angle viewing by removing penta prism and adding TRS type finder (A feature of F family after the Senior F).

Now Magic Word is:

Panasonic DMC-L10K

Well not a new camera(Being introduced in Aug 2007) this Pana baby had it all and indeed with a Leica lens in kit and at an affordable price (Where is the Leicaman?). Apart from I believe exceptionally sharp Leica lens that comes with it in kit (14-50mm), it has the advantage of being compatible with Olympus' 4/3 format bayonet digital lenses that are also quite well made glasses at a lot less price.

So my question: Does anyone have any experience or heard about it?

A link to a comparison with same time introduced Canon 40D and same bayonet using Olympus 520

LINK

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN