Thread: Planning
View Single Post
Old 03-02-06, 01:06

Adey's reference to landscape photographers reminded me of a story about a pro who was taking shots of a Oast house in Kent. The weather was not very good at the time so he made a note in his diary to return during the cherry blossom time. On his return he found that the Oast had burnt down.

That sums up my sort of luck with planning. Either the lighting is no good, raining or the subject does not appear. Last summer I had great photographic plans for my holiday in Wales. Get loads of Landscape shots, see the Red Kites and maybe go further north to see the puffins. As we had 2 weeks the plan was to unwind abit for the first few days, the weather was nice then. Then disaster struck on the 3rd day. My wife tripped and broke her shoulder as she fell on the hard kitchen floor. So 2 days spent running to and throw to a hospital in Shrewsbury. A wheel bearing on the car gave out whist in Shrewsbury and had to call the AA out. With my wifes injury car journeys were restricted to a few miles. It was just as well as a local told me it was the wrong time of year for puffin. The weather dulled over for the rest of the holiday. The only consolations was I managed some decent shots off the bird feeder in the cottage garden.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated