View Single Post
Old 16-01-06, 12:12
Admin

I would agree with all of those, especially Aperture Photographic... purchased my 600/4 from them and they would've personally delivered it me instead of postal carrier if I had wanted.
Warehouse Express: Fast, reliable and invarably cheaper than most. They have massive buying power to enable cheap prices, as well as massive selling power that pleases the manufacturers. Their range is impressive for wildlife photographers.

Park Cameras: in Haywards Heath have an excellent reputation from everyone I know who has dealt with them, either in person at the shop or via mail order.

Mifsuds: Good secondhand lists and negotiable on price in my experience. Reliable service.

Camtech: same as above.

Digital Depot: in Stevenage, and famous for mail order of compact digital cameras but they invariably have stock of the very latest dslr's. When the D2x was first launched, these cameras were nowhere in shops and dpreview was full of those trying to find them.. first phone call i made was to digital depot and they had 3 on the shelf. Same story for previous Nikon cameras, though they were a bit slow on the D200.

SRS Microsystems: My local shop (plus Rayners Lane branch), good secondhand lists and knowledgable staff (a rare thing today).