View Single Post
Old 01-06-12, 12:14

It occurred to me that perhaps you could run two types of competition. News members photos of the week and then a separate one. The new members could be those that joined within a set time like 2-3 months. This would be a great way to encourage and keep the new members. Its a lovely forum and it would be a massive shame to keep losing the new members that pop in. Why do we all join in the first place, to find like minded people to share experiences and photos with, to feel part of what you are interested in, to learn and to get ideas for your growing passion that is photography.

With the existing POTW you could always make it that when someone has won, they cannot enter the next two or something, that way you keep it fresh and the same person cant win every time. I like Mo very much, he is a lovely chap but to see him win three photos of the week with ultimately the same type of shot was really boring. When you see the quality of the people on here and the wonderful images that are submitted I'm always surprised to see what wins. The popularity thing has to go.

Perhaps another idea is to have a weekly theme and get people to go and take a picture to submit. It will challenge people to be more creative, to be competitive and would ensure that each week is fresh and exciting. This then if you didn't want to run two POTW would put everyone on an even keel and each picture could be judged not just for best picture but for the creativity and effort put in also. This would also help those stay even with photographers with better cameras.

What do you guys think?