View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 08:26

Yes and I am no stranger to those days myself. In fact I still very well remember my very first digital camera, an Olympus PnS with a dedicated Olympus funny memory card, called "Smart memory" and had the capacity of 8 MegaByte, still I could and did make a lot of nice images with it. The only wish of the day was to have one of those dream 32 Mb or at least 16Mb memory cards!
Having said that, two important points:
1- The availability of capable post processing softwares and Apps, when mostly are readily available on line and are provided free. No wonder you can see tones of art work in sites such as Facebook, Flickr, Instagram etc that are mostly made by photographers that their photography knowledge is limited to knowing which bottom to push, to make the image and not to forget to ask for "Cheers"...
2- Low rez images before or after post processing will look nice on web (When the longest axis of picture is generally less than a 1000 pixel), however print them, even at post card size & you will see the difference.

The bottom line, Pictures are made by man or woman behind the camera, not the tools itself that though can facilitate the process, are not the final words, even at the highest price tag.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN