View Single Post
Old 05-12-11, 20:49

Default Re: ...110 hours later

Yo Rob! Firstly can I say thank you for putting all the effort in critiquing my work. I tried to put it into the part of the forum that you have suggested but as far as I can remember you need 50 posts to get stuff in there so it wasn't really possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski View Post
Some 30% of the video was intro and credit titles.
Yeah, I've been told that the intro was a little amateurish. I believe the guy who said so is an art director, if I remember rightly he said "It's a little bit like given a piece of work to do on catcher in the rye, and then starting your paper with 'This paper is about catcher in the rye'" I see what he means and I assume that you are thinking along the same lines.

Quote:
The brief, the client could of used more hand gestures to impart shape and form. The note taker could of stopped and started in response to the client.
Yes I absolutely agree with this, as it happens that scene was the first we filmed.. So we were kind of finding our feet with the timing of it all so that is my excuse

Quote:
The dancing squares, was a little too quick for me to take in the text on them.
Agreed.

Quote:
The picture board could of shown the decision process by swapping and interchanging some of the images as part of the build up.
I think I know what you mean here but I'm not fully sure... Providing that I'm understanding this correctly I think there may be some optical issues and actually seeing what is on the images.

Quote:
The Lego figures needed to be larger to reflect the impact ICOM staff have on the process to bring the product to completion. Or a smaller Monitor and keyboard.
I assume that your not suggesting that I physically make bigger lego men, lol. If not, this is the same issue I was just talking about up there ^^. The issue is an optical one, if you want more in the scene then things in the scene are going to become smaller.

Quote:
The scene with the Lego man on top of the monitor and pulling off the pages too dark and shadowy of my liking. Can barely make out the figure on top of the monitor.
Agreed, but we knew that the two monitor scenes would follow on from each other so we had to do something to make them seem a little different. One of those things was to make it darker... it also changes the mood to co-inside with the bridge of the track.

Quote:
From a photographic technical point of view the picture board and monitor scenes suffer severe lens barrel distortion which may add to the quirkiness.
^^ This is more the type of stuff I was expecting from a photography forum. And yes it was intentional Personally I don't think it suffers from it, I think it adds to the dreamy nature of the video.

Quote:
Otherwise not a bad effort if this was your first attempt at this sort of thing.
Yes this is my first attempt

Again, Thank you very much for putting the time it to analysing it so much. This is exactly the type of stuff I wanted to hear.