Suite 508
71 Bondway
London
SW8 1SQ
Tel 020 7582 3294
Fax 020 7582 9050
[email protected]
Not by me!

I sent a Nikon 80-400VR for internal cleaning and general service, their turnaround was suggested to be a couple of days from acceptance of quote. I shipped the lens and received a quote after a week. Go-ahead given but no lens for three weeks. I called and asked what the problem was and I was told 'Oh we had to send it to Nikon only they can service VR modules' This was supposed to explain the delay. If I was told it would be six weeks until I got the lens back I would not have minded and planned around it but to be told initially - no problem just a few days I was stuck without a lens for airshows!

On balance the lens did come back spotless and provided better contrast than before, unfortunately I had to buy a new lens to cover 400mm so subsequently sold the 80-400VR at top price!

Try to get all information before you agree to Fixation doing work. I know Fixation are popular and many Nikon dealers send their repairs to them instead of Nikon.

I still have a few items of debris on the mirror of my D2Hs and need a speck grabber from Jessops to remove. Its a job when next in town (unlikely!)