View Single Post
Old 17-10-11, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewit View Post
Hi Dorsetman

Hope you do not mind me adding this question to your post about the D7000.

Like yourself, OH and are considering buying a Nikon D7000 at the moment.

We are going on an arranged 'birding' holiday towards the end of November 2011, and can only afford one lens at the moment

Which lens should we get to cover our holiday time? We would prefer to get one of the Nikon Lenses?

Regards
Kathy
x
Hi Kathy

I spent the whole weekend in Jessops and other stores making sure that i got the right camera and lens. In the end i have gone for the D7000 and the 18-105 lens kit and have invested in a seperate wide angle and macro lens. The 18-105 is more than worthy to begin with and has a really great zoom. I read some reviews on it and the feedback is really very good and being a Nikon lens, its a quality piece of kit. Some say that the camera is a little cramped for big hands but i have very large hands and its fine, a pleasure to handle in fact. You will need to take some time in learning the many features it has but its worth it. The results i had yesterday on my tripod were excellent and i will get the pictures up on here over the coming few days. Im really chuffed and you will be too Kathy!