View Single Post
Old 06-01-16, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel G View Post
Released this morning SLRGEAR's review says - "the (Olympus) 300mm ƒ/4 is thoroughly impressive on all fronts: excellent sharpness and all-around wonderful optical qualities with little to no distortion, aberrations or vignetting. What's even more impressive is the lens' stunning image stabilization. Combining lens-based and body-based I.S., the Olympus 300mm ƒ/4 Pro lets you capture handheld images down to shockingly slow shutter speeds. All this, plus impressive close-focusing capabilities, make the Olympus 300mm ƒ/4 Pro a stunning lens for the professional and advanced photographer looking for a top-notch wildlife, sports, stage performance and close-up lens no matter the weather or lighting conditions".

Bugger - I'd convinced myself I didn't need it
(If anyone in UK is rushing to buy it consider Amazon.de as the euro price is roughly £200 less than the UK price and no import tax from Europe).

We need patience! The fewer people who jump in and pre-order it, the sooner the price might drop! Look at how much those revised big white Canon lenses (ie 500 F4 MkII) were when they were first anounced compared to now

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway