View Single Post
Old 05-06-13, 13:22

To make my "E"
In my art program - I open a blank work area
Then I open Insert Text box
Then I resize the E to font size about 64 and then outline it so the Color or Grey will go on it.
Then I open my color box - and more color box - where I put in my 127 numbers in my Red, Green and Blue Boxes
Then I click O K and I have my Grey "E"
Next I remove my outline around my "E"
Next I Save It someplace.
Then I open the "E" and Resize and Crop it to about 9 X 6 inch or similar. Then I Re Save it.

Now, I put the image on my computer screen. Then, I open the image in the work area and make about four work copies. Then I put the original away. Then, I open my "E" as well.
Next, I place the "E" over a Mid Grey point in my image (checking various points). Doing this is where I place one image above the other in the same frame. When I find my closest match of tones, between the"E" and Image Tone, I open my HUE SATURATION TOOL.
Next, I remove the color, to black and white. Then I remove the brightness to black. Then, I enlarge my Check area I work on to 700 to 900% on my work area. Doing this, I can really focus on the area I want to work on. While I work on my Mid Grey Values, the White in the "E" gives me the chance to Check my Whites as well.

Next, I slowly replace the brightness back in (using the V C Peep Hole or Small Opening with the Slider). Doing this, depends on area I am working on - as a guide until I obtain a Seamless Match. My Match is between the "E" and Scene Mid Grey Value. When I finish that, I do the same for Color. When I finish Color, I check Hue setting to see if I need any correction. When I complete everything, I click on Done and leave HUE SATURATION. Then I open BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST and check if those need correction. Following that I check my SHARPNESS Tool for any correction. Next, I save two final copies - one for color and one for black and white. As I work here, Very Often, I shall Step Back from the Screen a coupleof Paces. Then I go Down on One Knee. Then I Study My Work in Progress, Next, I do check the Magnification I am at - or at Full Frame. Also, I sometimes use a Magnifying Glass here as well - if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 127 grey.jpg (14.7 KB, 0 views)

I love the Old Masters for incentive and compositional ideas.

Last edited by nldunne; 05-06-13 at 13:32.