WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

suggest a lens

Old 26-10-08, 21:13

Quote:
Regarding Tamron i've only really heard mixed feedback regarding the lens quailty being very hit or miss on all there models you either get a good 1 or a Bad 1
I don't think you can be that general about any one brand across their entire range. Several lenses I'd come across in the shop may even be badged as different makes but be the same lens!
One or two Sigma's were awful, Canon, Pentax, Nikon and KonicaMinolta/Sony have also had their fair share of duds, as well as crackers.

Must say that Tamron as a manufacturer isn't as prominent in the UK as they once were. Some Tamron lenses are far more common in the states I believe.

Going for any lens which isn't from your camera manufacturer is always perceived as a 'risk'......
To be really honest though unless you go for a real cheapie (cosina for example) most lenses made today are made to a very good standard, even compared to one's from yesteryear.
Old 31-10-08, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirax View Post
The sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro was my best purchase @ £180 Brand new Superb lens optically equal to the canon 100 2.8
Got mine for £126 brand new, they have to reduce prices a lot more for Pentax fit as it's harder to shift.

Agree that it is a stunningly good quality optic.
Old 31-10-08, 19:48

Quote:
they have to reduce prices a lot more for Pentax fit as it's harder to shift.
The same happened with the KonicaMinolta fit option too. Not sure if it's still the same now the mount's been badged Sony.
Old 23-12-08, 12:40

Look for a used Canon 17-40 f/4. I find this lens very sharp and works well in low light conditions dispite it's relatively slow f/4. You may be interested in this as well

-ex-dg-macro-af.htmlhttp://www.popphoto.com/cameralenses/3407/test-sigma-70mm-f28