WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Night 3 of course - Shutter speed

Old 26-01-12, 14:49

Default Night 3 of course - Shutter speed

Hi Guys

It was night 3 of my photography course and it was on shutter speed. It was my favourite lesson so far and shot by. We had the shutter speed settings and applications explained to us and then we went out onto the streets to put our learnings to use bringing into use buld mode. Being dark it was ideal as i have long wanted to perfect light trails and got a little creative with it. After around 40 mins of experimentation we then went to a dark part of the college carpark and practiced semi long exposures of around 8 seconds and captured torch light trails.

After making many pictures of light angels we headed back to the lab and practiced both panning and lens bursts, both of which again i really enjoyed. Every time i have a lesson i feel like i am finding a little more of a jigsaw and my broken knowlege of photography is starting to fit together, giving me a better picture of how to be successful.

I cant reccommend highly enough getting on a course like this.
Old 27-01-12, 10:19

You are obviously enjoying the course very much and it sounds great. It will be interesting to see how all this will affect your shots we see on here in the coming weeks!
Old 27-01-12, 11:01

Mike i posted some yesterday. Have a look and let me know your thoughts. It was spitting rain when i shot the light trails which affected the shots slightly what with water droplets on the lens but in a way it kind of added something.

Thank you for your support, its always appreciated!
Old 29-01-12, 08:22

Hi, I am interested in hearing how your course goes. But be aware - it becomes addictive! I enrolled in a basic Level 1 City & Guilds class at my local college four years ago to try to understand what I was doing (and that is where I met Duncan). I am now doing the second year of Level 3 and still loving it. When I joined I thought I was okay but was amazed at how quickly my knowledge grew and how improved my images were (some would question that!) Good luck - I look forward to the results.
Glenys