WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Problem printing - green cast

Old 20-01-08, 22:31

Default Problem printing - green cast

I never print photographs, however a relative wanted a couple printing.
I set it up in PS, 2to the page and put in some Kodak glossy paper.

The printer is a Epson R200 inkjet - so whilst not high-end should be sufficient for my purpose.

The first version came out with lots of green in the place of reds and the second (set using the PS setting 'let PS decide the print colours', as opposed to letting the printer chose) was slightly different but still bad.

I then thought the paper might be too old but another bad print came out on ordinary white paper.

Any ideas, the print cartridges have been changed regularly
Old 20-01-08, 23:04

Try cleaning the head. My RX560 creates great prints (well at least I think so) but if the nozzles are blocked its awful.
Old 21-01-08, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybike View Post
'let PS decide the print colours'
All i can say here to your quote is that i've tried this print option once and it was a failure, i think it took a week to dry aswell due to the amount of ink it spat on it!

i have found it best using any software that came with the printer for printing (in my case Canon easy photoprint for the pixma printer)

or if that is not possible, even printing through "windows photo and fax viewer" (if you use a windows machine!!)has produced better results than photoshops decisions.

hope that helps.
J
Old 21-01-08, 08:20
Chris

Johnny - use the Canon DPP which came with your 400D for printing (if not v3.2, see DPP thread in digital dark room for upgrading info), it is one of its best features.

In the preferences, find and check both the printer and the paper you are using. Using command D, not P, for full preview, sizing and position on page. In the subsequent pre-print dialogue box which should include all the Epson options, go to colour management and check 'no colour adjustment'.

I have antique Epson 1290, but should not be much difference. To make really sure, use the sizing facility to do upto 3 mini-prints across the top of a sheet of the correct paper (offcuts from squares!) & fine tune the colour cast using the DPP preferably 'colour tone' &/or white balance on RAW file, hue in RGB if too late. NB no need to convert from RAW, print from the real thing & in the white balance box is a full colour wheel filter option, though can just be used as blue-yellow slide.

DPP will also store both the colour-adjusted-for-print version and the original in the one file.
Old 21-01-08, 08:40

Cheers Chris, I wil try that set of tests out tonight, after cleaning the head/ nozzle
Old 21-01-08, 08:57
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybike View Post
Cheers Chris, I wil try that set of tests out tonight, after cleaning the head/ nozzle
Only clean the nozzle if the nozzle test shows holes in the grid after normal clean. My experience (confirmed by web discussions) is that if an Epson inkjet is not used regularly, it can clog big-time. I use a Press-it cleaning cartridge, left in over night and with head sat on an alcohol pad on persistent clogs, then print a whole page of whatever colour was causing the trouble using the cleaning cartridge before going back to normal - and of course threaten repacing it with a Canon if it doesn't behave.