WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

Suggestions for Nikon Lens?

Old 12-06-07, 23:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
Hi Don what kind of money am I looking at? If its worth waiting and saving I will wait if the glass is worth it.

As you say probably best to hang fire and save the funds.

Thanks

Nogbad
300 f2.8 is a killer lens in terms of resolution and sharpness but then it is big bucks. Park Cameras currently doing it for £2900. So well above your current budget.

From Foxys pics and also Andy's experience before he moved to Canon then this is the one to aim for if it is the focal length you would fancy. Link to Andys review but he did also post one on WPF http://www.digiscoped.com/Nikon300mmVR.html

I think the main thing is holding onto your cash until you really know what you want. If you go for this then the current 300mm end of your zoom will not see a lot of use.

Don
Old 24-06-07, 18:25

HI

This is an old thread but please excuse me if I pick it up. I started into digital with the D70 Kit which includes the 18-70 lens. This has served me well but I now have a D80 & D50 which I use with: -
Sigma 12-24
Nikon 50 1.8
Sigma 150 macro
Nikon 70-200 Vr
Tamron 200-500.

I'd like to try and sell the d70 as a kit and therefore I have a gap for high quality lens in the region of the old kit lens. You can see that I am well covered for Wide, Macro, and Zoom.One of these days I'll move on to the D200 so I what I need is a quality standard lens to use with either the D50,D80 and possible D200. This would be my "everyday" lens for holidays etc, so I'd like your suggestions please.

Thanks

Stuart R