WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Medium Format Film

Old 06-04-07, 19:53

Thanks Don, yes that would be a good idea.
I'm taking plenty of Velvia 100F and just a few rolls of Provia 400 'just in case'
I hope to take one Contax body plus 35-105mm F/2.8 'standard', maybe the 180mm f/2.5 and if Christine takes her 400mm I'll include my 300mm f/2.8. plus 1.4x converter
I could take the 60-300mm f/5.6 to save on loads of weight of the 180mm plus 300mm, but I'm hoping to use more 100 speed than 400 speed film, so I need the fast lenses......and this kit is definately 'old school', so no 'steadyshot', VR or IS technology here!....besides which , wife Jacky will have her 100-300 on canon 300d anyway.

'bagzee' I get backache first! LOL
Old 06-04-07, 20:04

Joe,

I am sure a top man like you can survive without 'steadyshot', VR or IS technology.

Don
Old 06-04-07, 20:11

LOL
I shall be using tobacco steadyshot mode.
ie, it's amazing how a cigarette can steady the hands!....but unfortunately the smoke tends to drift across the lens!
looking forward to it...
we shall see some results...hopefully good ones
Old 06-04-07, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I am trying to work out what lenses to take with me, I don't want to be bogged down with too much weight. I think it will be the 80-400mm 18-55mm and the 1.4 converter just in case. I can't make my mind up to take the 400 f5.6 for that extra clarity if needed. Decisions, Decisions.
A good evening for a chuckle. I am now wondering what lenses of his arsenal Foxy will be taking.

You will be in good company Joe as I don't think Foxy is a wildlife photographer ................. any runways nearby.

Don
Old 06-04-07, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
A good evening for a chuckle. I am now wondering what lenses of his arsenal Foxy will be taking.

You will be in good company Joe as I don't think Foxy is a wildlife photographer ................. any runways nearby.

Don

Well, standard stuff really.

70-200 f2.8VR, 28-70 f2.8 and a couple of TC's

I am no wildlife photographer but no runways around Stoke. Got that Avgas thing out my system earlier today
Old 06-04-07, 20:31
Super Moderator

Don, Joe I think has persuaded me to leave the 80-400 and just take the prime and the 18-55 for any landscapes. As it is I am taking my disk to download to, flash for the monkeys if we go in there, it could be in the shade. and three extra batteries. My camera bag weighs a ton.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 06-04-07, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Don, Joe I think has persuaded me to leave the 80-400 and just take the prime and the 18-55 for any landscapes. As it is I am taking my disk to download to, flash for the monkeys if we go in there, it could be in the shade. and three extra batteries. My camera bag weighs a ton.

3 extra batteries and disk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
Old 06-04-07, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
Well, standard stuff really.

70-200 f2.8VR, 28-70 f2.8 and a couple of TC's

I am no wildlife photographer but no runways around Stoke. Got that Avgas thing out my system earlier today
Ahh but to Hs or X

Avgas now that takes me back to my RAF days when I was looking after Avgas and Avtur tanks. A drop of Avgas into my bikes carb on a winter morning would guarantee it fired first kick.

Don
Old 06-04-07, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
Ahh but to Hs or X

Avgas now that takes me back to my RAF days when I was looking after Avgas and Avtur tanks. A drop of Avgas into my bikes carb on a winter morning would guarantee it fired first kick.

Don
Oh yes 100LL Avgas would start your bike first kick ! (It probably wasn't LL - Low Lead in those days)

Back to photography Hs of course. Need to save some weight and carry one one CF card
Old 06-04-07, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
Oh yes 100LL Avgas would start your bike first kick ! (It probably wasn't LL - Low Lead in those days)

Back to photography Hs of course. Need to save some weight and carry one one CF card
130 octane in my days. The only non leaded was petrol and that came in 2 gallon cans, so you can tell we did not use much.

Hs and one card, leave some room on it for a group pic or two for those of us that can't be there.

So are you going to run your Hs off against Joe's film ?

Don