WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Canon 70d video footage test/review

Old 24-07-14, 22:20

Default Canon 70d video footage test/review

Hi

I bought a 70d a while back as a second cam for weddings (backup for 5d3) and was very impressed with the autofocus in live view. It's excellent and makes getting subjects in focus very easy.

A video portfolio was planned, shooting a moving subject outdoors in all kinds of light was the plan. We used a dolly, steadycam and monopod.

The way it focusses in the harshest lighting conditions is amazing, occasionally it misses or goes out of focus but is straight back looking for the subject. Some of these shots were backlit by a harsh setting sun which is a stern a test as we could find.

There are of course times when manual focus is preferred, but for fast moving outdoor sunny run and gun type (weddings) it's fantastic.

We used 24fps and 50fps, at 50th and 100th shutter speed, autofocus and everything else manual, aperture/iso. Lenses, 40mm pancake, 70/200 f/4 and a 17/40 f/4

I'll have to say it's a great camera, we've not shot any stills on it apart from the custom white balance and any sound we record separately so I've not tested the onboard sound.

Here's the footage http://vimeo.com/101626891
Old 29-07-14, 03:45

'Dual Pixel CMOS AF' is the mojo you refer to and truly Canon 70 is a fun to have when AF in LV and video shooting is in mind. In combination with your 5Diii they make a heck of complimentary gadget, second to none. Lucky your costumers! I am sure other manufacturers and more new other Canon's will have this feature soon.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN