WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

public liability insurance for photographers

Old 03-03-15, 07:00

Default public liability insurance for photographers

Interested on peoples views on public liability insurance for photographers. I read an article towards the end of 2014, regarding an incident involving a photographer happily snapping away and then took a couple of steps back and knocked a passer by over . Causing some slight injuries that you would expect from being knocked over , it said that he ( the photographer ) gave the person his contact details , so they could just keep him updated , only to receive a few months later a letter from a solictors saying the person was claiming damages. It stated that it was still being sorted out . Now , i know that before you take a step back you should look but we all know that sometimes the moment gets the better .Should he have not supplied his details . In this day an age when alot of people just look for that opportunity to make some money , would photographers publi liability insurance or similar be a wise buy.
Old 03-03-15, 10:12

See what you mean. But maybe cover for photographers would be a bit too specific. Might step back in other situations.
Old 03-03-15, 15:02
Super Moderator

If you are shooting professionaly (getting paid for any work, not just full time pros) then I woud think it very unwise to not have public liability insurance. I think that there are some venues that would not let you shoot at them without such insurance, even though the risk of having a problem is very low. That said if I was not doing any paid work I would probably not have ever thought to get insurance.
Old 06-03-15, 20:22

With the prevalence and use of Drones for photography such as DJI and must admit, their excellent unique new opportunity angle, never known to man, soon these type of insurance would be a very mandatory part of general photography, if not a law.
I can vividly see that day.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN