WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

Selling prints from my website

Old 24-03-11, 12:35

Default Selling prints from my website

I hope someone can help with this: I've set up a website(http://gorwelimages.photium.com) to showcase and hopefully sell some prints but when I tried to set up a Paypal account, Paypal wanted me to authorise a direct debit from my bank account which I don't see a need for. I only wanted to use Paypal for people to purchase prints-I would not use it to buy items. Paypal didn't seem interested in replying to my queries about this, they just wanted me to validate the account and set up the direct debit so I cancelled the whole thing. I now need to find an alternative method of letting purchasers pay me for prints.( I know they could pay by cheque but this itself has pitfalls).
I am registered with Google Checkout but don't know if payments can be made through this onto say a credit card.
If any one has a simple solution I'd be grateful!
Being "old school" (or just old!) I don't do on line banking and am wary of putting bank details in websites.

Dave
Old 25-03-11, 00:04

Whatever else you do do NOT put up any personal account numbers etc on a site!

I am sure if you look through some of the members profiles on here you will find someone who has a similar site to what you intend doing and perhaps send them a Private Message asking advice. But even with them do not disclose any bank account details.
Old 25-03-11, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet47 View Post
Being "old school" (or just old!) I don't do on line banking and am wary of putting bank details in websites.

Dave
I'm the same don't even have bank details on the computer. Don't see why Paypal want a direct debit, may be a good reason but think you did the right thing in not going with them.
Some nice photos on your site hope you find some one who can help.
Old 25-03-11, 14:35

Thanks guys-I'm looking at setting up Google Checkout so that people can pay through that.

Dave
Old 27-03-11, 21:50

Nice use of a signature from a member here on your web-site !!
Old 28-03-11, 10:50

Default Use of signature

Hi John-you're the only one that's spotted this so far but I did ask Andy before I used it.

Dave
Old 29-04-11, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet47 View Post
I hope someone can help with this: I've set up a website(http://gorwelimages.photium.com) to showcase and hopefully sell some prints but when I tried to set up a Paypal account, Paypal wanted me to authorise a direct debit from my bank account which I don't see a need for. I only wanted to use Paypal for people to purchase prints-I would not use it to buy items. Paypal didn't seem interested in replying to my queries about this, they just wanted me to validate the account and set up the direct debit so I cancelled the whole thing. I now need to find an alternative method of letting purchasers pay me for prints.( I know they could pay by cheque but this itself has pitfalls).
I am registered with Google Checkout but don't know if payments can be made through this onto say a credit card.
If any one has a simple solution I'd be grateful!

Dave
Dave

you will find both require you to verify account this is to stop money laundering.

both of them charge quite a bit in commision

in paypal you can setup a merchant account

google one is bit more complicated to setup than paypal

have look at the likes of worldpay ect

Jim
Old 02-05-11, 13:30

Thanks for this Jim. I'm still deciding which way to go and I will have a look at Worldpay. Tried to contact Paypal by phone-it's automated and the first thing they want is your Paypal account number, which makes it impossible to actually ask a question.

Dave
Old 22-05-11, 14:12

Default selling pictures

Dave another way to sell your prints is Photoboxgallery http://www.photoboxgallery.com/jimsloan

you upload photos set your price they will print and deliver direct to your customer just setup links direct from your website to your photobox porfolio

Jim
Old 22-05-11, 15:50

Default Selling Prints

Thanks for this, Jim. Does this mean that I would have to upload all the photos on my website to a Photobox Gallery?
And how do Photobox pay you?

Dave