WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

DSLR with moveable viewer

Old 18-06-08, 16:31

Default They used to sell some very cheap stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoll View Post
''go for the Seagull one it is made by a Chinese outfit who used to make Minolta under license.'' I did not know that but they did market some low end stuff here in the UK a number of years back which was rudimentary and very much only ''adequate''. No idea what their angle finder is like though.

I think the Sony one will be better optically. I have a Seagull one for my A350 its OK but not in the same league as the Olympus one I used on my E-330. However at a quarter of the price its fine. I only use it for the 2.5 times view for macro or when the sun is an issue with the Live view which is not that often. I did buy the cheapest on ebay it was not good at all huge distortion a 2X, it had to go!
Old 21-06-08, 07:30

Isn't it an issue of DSLRs not offering "liveview" in the LCD, and of course the idea of an SLR being that you see through the viewfinder what you're capturing. Seeing more liveview cameras now may lead to more moveable screens, as opposed to ones that play back what is already on the memory card.
Old 30-08-08, 22:21

The Lumix is generally though to have the highest resolution of any E-system camera. I am almost tempted myself but no in body IS. I have used the very cheap and small Olympus 14-42 kit lens which is extremely good. the Leica is not up to usual Leica standards I believe. At its present price it must be a great bargain. The 100% live view on the screen is a boon for macro focusing.

Last edited by carman; 30-08-08 at 22:25.
Old 30-08-08, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasisbill View Post
Isn't it an issue of DSLRs not offering "liveview" in the LCD, and of course the idea of an SLR being that you see through the viewfinder what you're capturing. Seeing more liveview cameras now may lead to more moveable screens, as opposed to ones that play back what is already on the memory card.

You are absolutely on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carman View Post
I am almost tempted myself but no in body IS.
Add me too.
But I think at this point, Sony's Alpha 350 is more attractive considering having many old Minolta lenses that are a potential for dust cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carman View Post
I have used the very cheap and small Olympus 14-42 kit lens which is extremely good. the Leica is not up to usual Leica standards I believe. At its present price it must be a great bargain. The 100% live view on the screen is a boon for macro focusing.
I could never convince myself to get even with the price tag of Leica lenses or at least to be in a position to defend myself in front of boss (Wife). May be this is one opportunity to have a lens in gadget with Leica written on it!

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 30-08-08, 23:23

Default Dusty old lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan View Post

Add me too.
But I think at this point, Sony's Alpha 350 is more attractive considering having many old Minolta lenses that are a potential for dust cleaning.

Actually I have had more dust problems with my A350 than I ever did with the E-system. In fact I never had a single dust problem in 4 years. Maybe its the dusty old Minolta lenses I have bought, of course with E-system there aren't any dusty old lenses.