WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Equipment Reviews

Equipment Reviews Post a review of your equipment in here

Seculine remote shutter control

Old 16-09-09, 18:08

Default Seculine remote shutter control

Twin 1 R3 TRN
Hi - has anyone any experience of this? I've just got one for my Nikon D300 but can't get it to work. It's advertised as being for the Nikon with a 10 pin connector, but the receiver has 3 pins - Warehouse Express have confirmed that it's only meant to have 3.

Also included in the kit is a 'pin' which is a tiny ring of wire with one end sticking up vertically, as well as a slightly larger ring of wire with nothing sticking up.

On connecting the receiver, it flashes, so presumably it's connected properly, and the transmitter also flashes when pressed, but the 2 don't seem to be connecting, I've tried every combination of switches on each item but with no joy.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but can anyone help? I'm off out shortly, but will check for answers later tonight, so if anyone can help, but asks me a question - I'm not ignoring you!
Old 16-09-09, 18:49

This is a users review on the Warehous Express website

"With Nikon not providing a cheap infra red remote facility with the D200, this fills the slot between cord remotes and the wireless system which costs an arm and a leg.

The initial set up is a bit fiddly and the receiver fits on the camera in a strange attitude. Actually screwing it on is not obvious at first and once on, isn't very solid.

But, having said that, once it is fitted it works perfectly. It may look a little Heath Robinson but functionality is fine. Handle with care and use with impunity. Worth every penny given the alternatives."

Looks like it is a case of working out how to fit it?
Old 16-09-09, 23:15

Thank you - I saw that on their website. It connects ok (as mentioned, not very securely, but WE said that was the way it was) but I just can't get the shutter to operate. I've found someone who has one and will pick their brains tomorrow, but given the lack of switches etc, I can't see how I can be beaten by a couple of bits of plastic.
Old 17-09-09, 16:41

Let us know who wins the epic battle, you or the weeny bits of plastic!
Old 17-09-09, 16:49

Huh!! Well, at 1 o'clock this morning, I realised what the 'bit of bent wire' is for, having tracked down the manual. I synchronised the receiver and transmitter - so far, so good, I was winning and went to bed a happy bunny.

Unfortunately, although the lights flash beautifully, the camera won't focus, nor will the shutter release, but the little light by the CF card indicator flashes. I now have red, green and white lights but no blasted picture! I've emailed Seculine in the meantime.
Old 17-09-09, 19:37

Mmmm, perhaps you should return it and get one of these, I have seen good write ups on them:http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-...ntrol/p1029255
Old 17-09-09, 23:23

I previously had a Phottix, which looks similar to that but although it was fine initially, it became a bit 'random'. I'll see what Seculine and WE say before deciding.