WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Canon EOS55/600D or Nikon D90

Old 04-10-11, 13:21

Default Canon EOS55/600D or Nikon D90

Hi Guys i joined recently and was definate on the Canon EOS550D but im now not sure. I have a budget of around £600 plus extra for lenses so would like to ask about your opinions of the above and your experiences.

Please help......
Old 04-10-11, 17:53

I have not got any of those cameras but they are all good so putting my Canon bias aside for a moment () go and actually handle them and see which one you prefer in your hand, which control system, menu system etc suits you best. That sort of thing is so important in the long run.
Old 04-10-11, 19:30
Super Moderator

have a read of this thread <<<link>>>
Old 04-10-11, 20:45
Super Moderator

I don't know enough about the Nikon to be of much help, but would agree with the advice of trying them and seeing which feels better for you. I've been using Canon for a few years now so menus and button layouts of the Canon models make sense to be, but I am easily confused by a Nikon. I'd also recommend starting by decide what lens/lenses you want to use and take it from there - if the lens you want is only made by one of teh manufacturers then it makes your camera dilemma a lot simpler!
Old 05-10-11, 14:16

Hi Gidders, thank you for that. I did have a look but really i just want peoples own opinions formed from their experience with the actual cameras that i mentioned. I know its either Nikon or Canon for me its just when im spending £600 i want to be 100% as its a great deal for me and thats of ocurse excluding the cost of the lenses. Im sure the Canon 550d is plenty enough for me but im one of these people who just has to be sure.

I really appreciate your kind help though guys, its very much appreciated!
Old 05-10-11, 15:00
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsetman View Post
Hi Gidders, thank you for that. I did have a look but really i just want peoples own opinions formed from their experience with the actual cameras that i mentioned. I know its either Nikon or Canon for me its just when im spending £600 i want to be 100% as its a great deal for me and thats of ocurse excluding the cost of the lenses. Im sure the Canon 550d is plenty enough for me but im one of these people who just has to be sure.

I really appreciate your kind help though guys, its very much appreciated!
the differences between the 550D and the 600D are very small - unless you need the moveable screen I'd go for the 550D and save some cash!
Old 05-10-11, 15:05

Hey

I think i agree. I cant be bothered with a screen i could break off. I just wish i had a little extra and could go for the model above the 600 but hey, we are not all made of money.

As always thank you!
Old 05-10-11, 15:45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsetman View Post
Hey

I think i agree. I cant be bothered with a screen i could break off. I just wish i had a little extra and could go for the model above the 600 but hey, we are not all made of money.

As always thank you!
There's always something out or on the way that is better than what you're using but it doesn't stop what you have from being decent kit. Money is far better spent on lenses than a camera as even an entry level camera will give stunning results with a good lens, whereas a pro level camera with a cheap lens will not perform as well. There is no doubting that the 550D is a very capable camera, I have senn superb photos taken with it (and with older/lesser cameras).
Old 05-10-11, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardcv View Post
There's always something out or on the way that is better than what you're using but it doesn't stop what you have from being decent kit. Money is far better spent on lenses than a camera as even an entry level camera will give stunning results with a good lens, whereas a pro level camera with a cheap lens will not perform as well. There is no doubting that the 550D is a very capable camera, I have senn superb photos taken with it (and with older/lesser cameras).

Right, thats it. I am taking the plunge and going to buy the Canon EOS 550D then. The nest post will be about lenses but ill let you all have a breather first!!

Thank you all, you have been most helpful!!