WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Canon lense cover

Old 14-03-10, 10:53

Default Canon lense cover

I would like to hear advice from anyone who has a Canon camera on how to keep the Canon lense cover safe (it cannot be attached to the camera once I take it off. I keep mine on the camera but if I have to take it off in the hurry often forget where I put it. I had a skylight filter on previously but was told this leaves a pinkish tinge on the photo so took it off and am now at a loss as to how to keep my lense protected without the Canon lense cover - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marydoll.
Old 14-03-10, 12:26

A UV filter shouldn't leave any sort of tinge on the photo.
Old 14-03-10, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1994 View Post
Depends how much you paid. For a top quality one, I agree. If it's cheap and nasty, it may well introduce a co;our shift. If you disagree then send me your address and I'll put a cheap and nasty UV filter in the post to you.

As for the original post, I'd say just be a bit more disciplined. When you remove the cap, get into the habit of always putting it in the same pocket/place, you'll know where to find it then. You really don't need a filter unless you're the kind of person who goes swining their camera around all the time. Salesmen in shops will tell you you need a UV filter in order to then sell you one. There's a good markup on such accessories. I believed I needed a UV filter for years until I took it off and found the quality of my pictures improved hugely.

Just be careful in handling your equipment, be methodical in where you put things.
Old 14-03-10, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1994 View Post
Depends how much you paid. For a top quality one, I agree. If it's cheap and nasty, it may well introduce a colour shift. If you disagree then send me your address and I'll put a cheap and nasty UV filter in the post to you.

As for the original post, I'd say just be a bit more disciplined. When you remove the cap, get into the habit of always putting it in the same pocket/place, you'll know where to find it then. You really don't need a filter unless you're the kind of person who goes swining their camera around all the time. Salesmen in shops will tell you you need a UV filter in order to then sell you one. There's a good markup on such accessories. I believed I needed a UV filter for years until I took it off and found the quality of my pictures improved hugely.

Just be careful in handling your equipment, be methodical in where you put things.
Old 15-03-10, 09:46

Thanks Alex and Yelvertoft - the skylight was bought years ago for my EOS film camera -I am one of those people who take the camera out practically every day and from time to time have to take a quick shot - interesting about UV filter not being the answer so I will do my best to discipline myself - have being trying to do this but sometimes well I get carried away by a photo opportunity. This is a great help to me and I appreciate you all taking the time.

Marydoll
Old 23-03-10, 17:18

I actually got my camera some neoprene pajamas was off ebay (I believe an international seller) was about £9? stuff easily in your pocket and a little too big to be lost give me a couple of mins and I will stick some pics up of it
(my kids do giggle if its on the camera while round my neck though )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 230320101842.jpg (460.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 230320101843.jpg (434.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by pickle; 23-03-10 at 17:26.
Old 25-03-10, 22:04

How about these from Hong Kong http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...&_nkw=eos+lens
Various sizes are available if you scroll.
Old 25-03-10, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
How about these from Hong Kong http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...&_nkw=eos+lens
Various sizes are available if you scroll.
just comes up as a general ebay page? what am I looking for please?
Old 25-03-10, 22:15

Marydoll was asking about a method of keeping the lens cap safe

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/62mm-Snap-on-C...item3cab436861
Old 25-03-10, 22:18

sorry I just got the general ebay page when I clicked on the 1st link can see it now ta

btw my parents live at Sutton on Sea, so if you ever see a strange lass wandering round glued to a camera? its me visiting