WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Adobe Master Collection installation grief: Fix coming

Old 25-02-17, 01:14

Default Adobe Master Collection installation grief: Fix coming

I work in higher ed IT and got bitten hard by the “Installation failed” bug while trying to install the CC 2017 Master Collection in a lab setting earlier this week.

Oddly, the very same installer (enterprise build) worked the week before. A fresh and updated rebuild did not help.

At any rate, we corresponded with Adobe and they have been deluged with complaints. They identified 2 of the apps that were causing the issue (Scout and one other odd thing I don’t recall ever hearing about before).

A fix is expected Monday (2/27).
Old 25-02-17, 18:06

Since Adobe and MS went into some sort of divorce or at least troubled relations, it wasn't unexpected to see such a things. Not restricted with Adobe's product, but with any update of OS, I do always find myself in a trouble situation with some of my softwares that were working fine earlier and most noticeable are the Chines security camera maker's software or likewise other home WiFi component with close software ties with China. Most of the time, in my experience, its the "Firewall", "Compatibilities", "Browser related" or "Plug-ins" that are to be blamed but Adobe is really good in dealing with problems and since you informed them, I am sure you and others will see the benefit of that soon.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 25-02-17, 18:40

Thanks, though this was on Mac systems. Apple and Adobe also had their falling out some time back.

A previous problem I had preparing for Spring semester was Premier, Audition, etc. were repeatedly crashing upon launch. That was fixed the week before classes started by an Adobe patch......