WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Hello new member needing advice and guidance

Old 31-07-09, 10:04

Hi Alison, I would echo Al's thoughts as an approach worth considering. And I would also endorse your idea of exhibitions. Raising funds for the local Mountain Rescue Team would go a long way to getting your name known. If you do that, ensure you have plenty of cards about the place, and you could also follow it up with a photo documentary about the team in the local press to help their fundraising efforts. I think that half the battle is to make your name as well known as possible. I also think that non-refundable deposits, taken with the booking would help. I like the photos you have posted so far but would like to see them larger.

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!

Last edited by andy153; 31-07-09 at 10:09.
Old 31-07-09, 10:51

Default Thanking you all for your helpful replies

Thanks to you all. Your comments are very interesting food for thought. It makes me think about my market segment. The majority of the town where I live covers the majority of working class people. However, there is also a smaller minority of more affluent people. I may need to target them.

I am thinking about promotions I can use to entice people through the door?

I certainly like the idea of having an exhibition to get your name known. I also like the idea of quadrupling my prices. I'm not sure however in the economic downturn even the most affluent will pay for such luxury items.

Thanks again to everyone.

Regards

Alison

P.S. I have posted up a few images on the gallery space of the forum.
Old 31-07-09, 11:03

Default Message for Yelvertoft

Sorry if I am not posting photos in the correct place. I am new to forums of any kind and I have been having difficulties navigating around the site. I will read the guidelines as instructed. I am sure it will not be long before I am fully clued up.

Alison
Old 31-07-09, 12:24

Duplicate threads merged.

Note to all: Cross posting duplicate threads is not advisable, it makes things very difficult to manage.
Old 31-07-09, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliswoodside View Post
Sorry if I am not posting photos in the correct place. I am new to forums of any kind and I have been having difficulties navigating around the site. I will read the guidelines as instructed. I am sure it will not be long before I am fully clued up.

Alison
Hello Alison, yes, you're posting in the right place. But could you please observe the limit (stated in big text at the top of the gallery front page) to no more than 4 pictures in any single 24 hour period.

Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of things. You've got an interesting discussion going on here, glad you joined.

Would be interested to see what lesleyr and Saphire have ot say on this subject. Lesley does this kind of work currently and Chrisitne (Saphire) used to in the past.

Duncan
Old 31-07-09, 18:03

Hi again Alison, another source - if you have a Higher Education Establishment near by then Graduation Photographs can be a good source,

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 01-08-09, 08:48

How are you presenting your portfolio to prospective clients? Individual photos, in plastic wallets in ring binder, or in bound volume? Do you have a website that potential clients can browse? My experience (as a customer, not photographer) is that the higher the standard of presentation, the greater the chance of a sale.