WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Fuji X Series

Old 14-09-15, 18:43

Default Fuji X Series

Are there any other Fuji X series users out there?I've just converted to this system and the more I use it, the more I am impressed with it. It would be nice to know other users' opinions.

Dave
Old 14-09-15, 19:15

Hi Dave, I've got the X100S (fixed lens, not interchangeable). It's a great camera giving terrific images. It's a camera that you just have to take out. Good luck with yours, I'm sure that you'll enjoy using it.
Old 14-09-15, 21:32
Super Moderator

I use an XA1 and am very impressed with it, even the kit lens that came with it (which is the cheaper of the kit lenses that Fuji make) is very good. For me one of the best things about the system is the cost of some of the lenses. Lenses like the 35 f1.4 are relatively cheap (compared with similar for other systems) yet deliver superb results.
Old 15-09-15, 12:31

Thanks for your replies, I'm glad there are others with these cameras. I have the 16-50 and 50-230XC lenses (the 50-230 is really impressive for a budget lens) and I've just bought a used (can't tell it from new!) 60mm f2.4 macro lens.This Fuji kit has replaced all my Panasonic micro 4/3s gear which I never really gelled with, having come from Nikon APS-C kit 2 years ago. I only got rid of the Nikon gear because of the increasing arthritis in my wrists and elbows making it difficult to hold the weight. I spent a whole day photographing British Superbikes without a problem with the Fuji kit.
Old 29-09-15, 08:34
Super Moderator

The 60 f2.4 is a super lens a nice little macro that also works very well for portraits. Might have to put mine on a camera and get out shooting later. It is one of those lenses that makes you want to find things to shoot with it.
Old 14-07-17, 06:42

I use X-A10 camera is and fairly said that i am totally impressed with that. ve two reason for that one is, this camera is in my budget and second one is, it provide me same results which provide by expensive cameraX-A3.
Old 05-10-17, 11:57

I bought an XT 10 together with the 18-55 mm f2.8 lens for travel purposes. I am super pleased with the results.
However, I'll still be using my Nikon kit - I can't afford to replace my Sigma 150-500 mm as I use it mainly for wildlife and motorsport.
Old 05-10-17, 19:55

I've now got an X-T20 as well as my X-T10. The X-T10 has the 18-135 lens on it permanently and the X-T20 has the 100-400 (which I had to sell several body parts for)!

I reckon my photos, especially bike racing and birds are as good as I used to get with my Nikon kit.
Old 10-01-18, 23:12

i mainly shoot with my canon, but i have a fuji x-t2 as a smaller camera. i like it apart from a small issue with how most raw editors handle fuji's raw files. check out iridient developer's software for fuji raw files if you haven't looked at it already.
Old 03-03-18, 13:22

Like cuilin my main gear is all Canon but I was bequeathed an XT1 a few years ago and having found it excellent I now have an XT2 plus grip and 4 lenses.
I use it "out and about" as it is so much lighter than my Canon gear especially being a wheelchair user. I usually use Jpeg and save as tiff then process in DXO lab as I couldn't get on with Silky pix.
Charles.