WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Portable Storage Devices.

Old 16-01-08, 21:14

Hi again,
As promised, a quick update on the PSD.
I ordered a 80 GB Vosonic VP6230i (note the "i"), from good old Picstop. on Monday at about 1500 hrs and on Tuesday at 0930hrs PostmanPat knocked on my door with parcel. All the way from IOM and through the storm, what more could you ask for.
I sat down and read the manual and charged up the internal battery, and reread the manual.Dusted off the D2X and the D300 (both are set to jpeg-raw) and fired off about 30 images on each.Loaded card from D2X and got nice message, "format not recognised".Tried the card from D300, and got same message!!Formatted both cards and went to jpeg only, and cards from both cameras downloaded and images were viewable.
Tried jpeg+raw again still no transfer.Checked Vosonic forum and found a lot of unhappy canon/nikon raw users!!.Woe is me.
So contacted good old Picstop regarding the problem,they replied in 20 mins and advised to me to update to latest firmware and even gave link and how to do it bless them.
Updated firmware and banged out more jpeg+raws and inserted card, and yes it works a treat and very quick, and shows both images.
The 6230i comes with mains charger, ear phones, usb lead, av leads, driver for windows, instruction book, and a nice strong case for transporting it.
Size 3" wide x 5" high x 1" deep ( in mm 73 x 128 x 26 ) and weighs about 280 grms. After inital problems seems to be ok.
Thanks to those who shared their knowledge and well done Picstop.
regards Subzero.
Old 16-01-08, 22:08

Phew! Glad that got sorted. Hope you'll enjoy it. Actually the VP6230i something I was considering back in the summer as one could put a few avis on it and play them through the hotel TV at night. In the end I settled on the more modest VP2160.

Great little devices. Don't have to carry loads of cards, just pull the one from the camera, stick in a new one and have the device slurp off the files whilst you carry on shooting.
Old 28-10-08, 08:41

A good idea in principle. I've used "yousendit" within the UK and yes it's great for large files, but not much good when out on the Mara, or most places that I visit in Kenya or the Caribbean for that matter.

I go abroad with my cameras twice a year, I've yet to have access to a decent "dial up" connection never mind broadband, so I will continue to use my Giga One, laptop and a number of CF cards.
Old 01-10-13, 02:18

Now a days it'll be difficult for you find a 80/120 gb storage device if you are looking to get an external hd. Mostly found drives are 500gb or more. You may choose memory stick but their performance is fairly slow.