WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Learning Photoshop 7

Old 27-01-06, 14:24

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA
Default Learning Photoshop 7

I'm trying to learn PS 7 and think that I am making progress. I would like to get along a little faster. There are things that I would like to do, frames for example, but don't find the Help much help. I've seen CD tutorials advertised. Does anyone have any experience with them and are they any good? I do have a three lesson video tutorial and it's not bad, but it's strictly about the changes in PS 7, I'm looking for basics.
Old 29-01-06, 14:41
Super Moderator

When I started with PS, I bought Dummies Guide to PS (albeit PS4 back in those days) which I found a great tutorial to the various (indecipherable) PS features. They do a Dummies Guide to PS7 try amazon - I've purchased a number of the Dummies series over the years (including "DG to Meditation" for those times when you just can't get the result you are looking for ) and they have all been excellent "get you on the road" references

When I had developed my knowledge & skills a bit I progressed to Martin Evenings excelent book Adobe Photoshop for Photographers (by then I was using PS7) also available on amazon
Old 29-01-06, 16:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders
When I started with PS, I bought Dummies Guide to PS (albeit PS4 back in those days) which I found a great tutorial to the various (indecipherable) PS features. They do a Dummies Guide to PS7 try amazon - I've purchased a number of the Dummies series over the years (including "DG to Meditation" for those times when you just can't get the result you are looking for ) and they have all been excellent "get you on the road" references

When I had developed my knowledge & skills a bit I progressed to Martin Evenings excelent book Adobe Photoshop for Photographers (by then I was using PS7) also available on amazon
Thanks. I'll track down the book. A dummy's guide sounds appropriate for me.
Old 29-01-06, 21:48

dont forget the local library.
I found the dummies book on mine, as well as some other PS books.
As for the net, yahoo groups has a photoshop group (photoshop 101) where you can get help with specific problems.
Henning
Old 30-01-06, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by henning
dont forget the local library.
I found the dummies book on mine, as well as some other PS books.
As for the net, yahoo groups has a photoshop group (photoshop 101) where you can get help with specific problems.
Henning
Thanks, that sounds like a really useful tip.