WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

New software - photoRefine

Old 04-11-15, 20:48

Default New software - photoRefine

Hi,

I am a hobby photographer and computer developer. Recently I have been working on a new project call photoRefine (http://www.photoRefine.net). It is an application designed to make viewing, filtering and comparing large numbers of images from a shoot easier and faster. The objective being to trim the collection down to those you actual want to work with further. Personally I always found that while I had a very nice powerful PC and could find plenty of software to help me edit images, the process of eliminating the ones I didn't want and finding the 10% did always took too long.
The project it currently in beta and while in beta the application is free, beyond the beta phase I haven't decided whether to go down the donations route or charge a small registration fee. It is Windows only - sorry to those on Macs. I hope some of you may like to take a look and let me know what you think.
The website is at http://www.photoRefine.net and there is a forum there as well for reporting any issues, feature requests etc.

Thank you for taking a interest
Paul
Old 10-11-15, 05:39

I tried to download it to report to your my opinion but honestly looking at 30 days limitation, etc, made me to leave the download and plan to install it. Well may be only me, but too much rules and limitations are big No no to me.
In any case there is a site called"GiveAwayOfTheDay.com" , if you are not familiar with, that is only meant for this purpose and as of several years back that I used to participate frequently, you would be offered a full lic software for only one day of deal, to freely download, and people would extensively work on the software to report the bugs, compatibility etc. You may want to have a try there and see if they can promote your software as you will have a lot more targeted result there.
In any case, wish you all the best.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 10-11-15, 11:55

Thanks for that information. The 30 day limit is just that the trial license has to be renewed - this is free and unlimited during the beta phase of the project, you just go back to the website put your email address in and it will give you a new key. I have put this there in order to enable me to address the route of the project in the future - if at some point I start charging for it I need to be able to ensure that people's trial licenses do actually expire.

thanks
Paul