WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

Wide angle lens.

Old 06-10-11, 19:38

Default Wide angle lens.

I am going to italy on a school trip and need a wide angle lens to accompany my pentax k5. I will be using it mainly for architecture and landscape photography(possibly street photography aswell) and preferably need the widest lens possible. I have looked at the sigma 8-16mm and the tamron 10-24mm but can't decide which is better; the tam is cheaper (£30 cheaper from park cameras) but the sigma has that extra 2mm. Any experiences with any of them would be most appreciated. Or any other suggestions. My budget is about £420 or lower. Thanks in advance.
Guppy
Old 06-10-11, 22:09
Super Moderator

I've not used either lens, but 2mm at the wide end will make quite a difference...
Old 07-10-11, 11:15

Default Sigma

Hi, I have been using the Sigma 10-20mm for about a year or so now for both landscapes and city shots , and it is my most used lens, I can't fault it, and it is within your budget!