WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Recommendations for places to buy.

Old 03-09-06, 07:57

yep paid £22.95 for delivery on saturday instead of £7.95 for standard delivery.
Old 03-09-06, 08:09

The question seems old but the topic is one that won't die over time.
As a former Nikon fan in film area who saw the real light through the L series glass and now a total Canonist I find the best deals on ebay and from other on line major sellers when they come with their too good to be true deals (With double emphasis on Major sellers such as Dell etc and not the ghosts from China or elsewhere where disappearing things especially the money is their specialty). I have had several accessories bought from UK sellers on ebay and found the price, quality and shipping quite fine. Some of my big lenses from Japan where the real steal as well. In short on-line buying is my preferred mode and yet to see any local shop, even those who sell both on-line and locally, to match the on-line prices.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 04-09-06, 20:05

Ok so its turns out it was Warehouse directs fualt - well their "computers" apparently! lol anyway they have appologised, refunded all delivery charges and have promised it will arrive tomorrow after 12 for my convenience - so at least it has been sorted and I havent had to pay postage. Manfrotto tripod arrived today from Cameraking.co.uk - very good service, great price and what a tripod!!! awesome.
Old 01-10-06, 19:26

Default Definitely Park Cameras

Hi

Just seen this thread - can't recommend Park Cameras enough. I have been using them for about four or five years now. They have taken me from the days of having a Nikon 4500, then a Nikon 8800, to my first dSLR (a 20D) and various lenses, and on Wednesday I am picking up an EOS 1D MkIIN.

The guy I deal with there (at Burgess Hill store), Ivan, is really helpful. All the staff are either serious hobbyists, or, like Ivan, work as pro photographers and work at Park a day or so a week just to supplement their income. So they really know their stuff and it is a great place to visit to be amongst fellow photographers and have a laugh and a natter about the latest gossip, e.g. fotokina.

They let you play with bits of kit you might dream of buying one day. For example, Ivan recently let me play with a Canon 500 mm L series lens - the one that comes in a suitcase for those that haven't got one!

Apart from Burgess Hill, they have a store in Haywards Heath (both in West Sussex) but they also do a speedy and efficient mail order service. The web site may not look much compared to Warehouse Express, and Park can tend to charge slightly more, but they will do price matching and as a regular I also get really decent discounts. I don't think you can beat that personal service that you can only get from using a store like Park and I wouldn't use anyone else. They are also extremely good with returns - if I haven't got on with something I've bought, I just take it back - but then that's what you get with a "trusted" supplier relationship.

Check out their site at www.parkcameras.co.uk

Didi
Old 01-10-06, 23:49

In Australia:

If you want Canon gear, Quality Camera Sales in Albany are excellent. Helpful and friendly, very reasonable pricing, fantastic fast delivery. www.qualitycamera.com.au

I've bought various things at other places, but QQS is by far the best. Some of the local shops are simply dreadful! It's a bit sad when you get faster, better service from Albany - close to 4000 kilometres from here - than you do from a shop you could walk to in 15 minutes, but that's the way it is.
Old 02-10-06, 07:26

Bought my last couple of L lens from 'Kerso' in Scotland. His prices are unbeatable in the UK.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM