WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

new Canon 7D announced...

Old 01-10-09, 21:57

lol
Old 02-10-09, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
To Late. He! He! just waiting for the battery to charge, I thought I would get in quick before the price increase Canon are supposedly putting prices up by 10% because of the yen.
It is not true to say I am envious, I am VERY envious!
Old 02-10-09, 11:15

Quote:
To Late. He! He! just waiting for the battery to charge, I thought I would get in quick before the price increase Canon are supposedly putting prices up by 10% because of the yen.
Lucky you Christine, this looks a very interesting camera indeed especially for the bird photographer. We await your feedback

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 02-10-09, 15:49
Super Moderator

Roy I will post a small review as soon as I manage to get some shots the weather is lousy here at the moment.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 02-10-09, 15:51
Super Moderator

Sorry Mike, I missed your comment, I didn't see the green lettering LOL!
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,

Old 02-10-09, 17:14

Lets hope the weather is good tommorrow when I come over and have a go with it lol...

P.S. I take it Mario will be using that really tatty old Canon 50d now then?!
Old 07-10-09, 20:55
Super Moderator

Default A very short review

Well today was the first day I have had chance to get some decent birds shots, Our resident buzzard decided to show itself again so here are a few shots.
The first one was when it was sitting on a branch so was able to get some nice clean shots at ISO 200.
The other 3 gave me chance to try out spot focus with expansion and A1-servo. I had a good percentage of keepers considering the best speed I could get was 1/640s at 5.6 ISO 800. I would have had a lot more if the light had been better.
When it took off from its perch it caught me by surprise so it was a couple of frames before I locked on, when it did lock on the tracking was very good I found that if I did lose it from the center focus point one of the others took over, very impressed. Any bad shots I had were due to motion blur with my bad panning.

I still haven't had chance to test out all the other modes yet I am still reading the manual. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buzzard0710090002.JPG (160.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Buzzard0710090007.JPG (140.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Buzzard0710090008.JPG (355.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Buzzard0710090011.JPG (193.6 KB, 14 views)

Old 07-10-09, 21:06

Quote:
Well today was the first day I have had chance to get some decent birds shots, Our resident buzzard decided to show itself again so here are a few shots.
The first one was when it was sitting on a branch so was able to get some nice clean shots at ISO 200.
The other 3 gave me chance to try out spot focus with expansion and A1-servo. I had a good percentage of keepers considering the best speed I could get was 1/640s at 5.6 ISO 800. I would have had a lot more if the light had been better.
When it took off from its perch it caught me by surprise so it was a couple of frames before I locked on, when it did lock on the tracking was very good I found that if I did lose it from the center focus point one of the others took over, very impressed. Any bad shots I had were due to motion blur with my bad panning.

I still haven't had chance to test out all the other modes yet I am still reading the manual. LOL!
Nice start Christine, the flyers look quite clean for ISO 800.
Next thing to try with flyers is zone AF using the centre 9 cluster to see how it compares with spot expansion.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 07-10-09, 21:31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy C View Post
Nice start Christine, the flyers look quite clean for ISO 800.
Next thing to try with flyers is zone AF using the centre 9 cluster to see how it compares with spot expansion.
Thanks Roy, that will be my next test if the buzzard is co-operative. The lighting has been dreadful today so not good to get the best shutter speed at a reasonable ISO. I am hoping to have sun tomorrow which would make the tests easier.

Old 07-10-09, 21:55

Thanks for the post Christine, Roy took the words right out of my mouth about the centre 9 point cluster. I also believe there are many other options in the menus like how quickly it will refocus, in other words ignore another object briefly passing in front of the subject. It will certainly keep you busy fine tuning to get the best out of how you shoot! Still the weather is supposed to be set fair for a few days so look forward to further posts.