WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Saying Goodbye

Old 07-08-16, 06:05

Default Saying Goodbye

Over the past couple of months I have watched a friend of mine deal with the pending loss of his best friend, companion, and service dog. Russell has lived in the apartment complex that I work at for about a year now. Since he has been living there I am the only Maintenance Tech that is allowed in his apartment when he is not home. The reason for this is that he trusts me and most importantly for all of us that have Fur-babies, his dog Pepper loves me and trusts me.

In January Russell approached me about getting a good photo of him and Pepper together. But he told me there was not any rush on it. About two months ago he found a large cyst on her. Being a responsible pet daddy he took her in and the vet scheduled to have it removed in about three weeks. Two days before the surgery the "cyst" popped. Pepper was rushed into emergency surgery and it was thought that they got it all.

Three weeks ago the "cyst" started coming back and the doctor operated again and took sample and removed it. With in a week it was back and almost as large as it was to begin with. On Thursday of last week Russell told me that Pepper had about a month left and that the "cyst" was cancer.

I told him that I would be around all most all day on Friday and I would take a few photos of Him and Pepper. Friday afternoon I was outside and that I ran into him and Pepper and I looked in her eyes. They were no longer bright and full of life, then Pepper did something that she has never done before. As I was petting her and holding her head in my hands she licked my face as if to say goodbye.

I went and got my camera and the photos below are the ones that I took.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RUSSEL AND PEPPER rs.jpg (241.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg PEPPER 0001A RS.jpg (189.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PEPPER 0002C-X2 BW RS.jpg (100.1 KB, 4 views)

Dave

ON SMUGMUG

https://dwb-photography.smugmug.com/
Old 07-08-16, 06:18

As I was working on the photos in Photoshop I was having issues with cloning so I contacted a friend of mine and this is the photo that she did for me. She removed the leash from Pepper. Both the black and white and color photos are part of the pack of photos for Russell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PEPPER 0002 rs.jpg (88.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PEPPER 0002C-X2 BW RS.jpg (100.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PEPPER 0002C-X2 copy rs.jpg (106.0 KB, 3 views)

Dave

ON SMUGMUG

Old 07-08-16, 06:24

As my way of saying goodbye I found a couple of Rainbow Bridge templates and generators for her and Russell.

Thank you for looking and reading this post. This one touched my heart more than anything I have done in the past few years.

Dave

ON SMUGMUG

Old 07-08-16, 10:47

awww,how lovely,also sad, so nice to be able to give your friend a lovely memory.

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 08-08-16, 05:47

One of the hardest things in my life, has always been to say "Goodbye". It never gets easy or pleasant but such is life and we need to cherish every moment of life for that particular moment.
You did great and I am sure Pepper is happily barking as ever, somewhere nicer. May be in the beloved ones memories but its important to know that no good time will be forgotten soon and mystery of life is here to make a new story, short or long, here or there, now or later.
Live life for today and give a smile of yours to someone without one, anytime you can. This is the only giving that you'll be rewarded many times in return.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN