WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Humidity and DSLRs

Old 30-06-06, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox
I have posted this before and made Don Hoey, roll with laughter. I'll post again

Temperature and humidity are both low in a jet aeroplane hold and anything in there for a period of time such as a long haul flight will be very cold. I have been advised to wrap camera gear in a sealled poly back. Upon arrival at your destination the gear will be protected from any condensation as air trapped inside should be fairly dry at least equal to home humidity but any local humidity forming on the cold bag allows camera gear to remain dry until the bag has equlaised after a few hours.
Stephen,

This sent me on a trip down memory lane ( yes all the way back to my join date ) searching for the origional post. I did not find it, but I think that in the origional post " equlaised after a few hours " was sufficiently large enough a number to have you propping up a bar while waiting. Then maybe not be up to the immediate photographic opportunities presented once " equalisation " was complete.

Don