WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Looking for something in particular.

Old 16-11-09, 02:17

ended up buyin a canonet giii ql17. first roll was great, id never used a rangefinder before and the results were very interesting. A guy from the local camera shop gave me a great flash so when i took out with me to the city the other night got some great shots of me n my friends out and about. Still seein smaller cameras for the future though. Im not interested at all hauling around slrs looking for shots but more havin somethin compact and shots finding me. Any one know if u can get point and shoots that u can mount a flash on.
(probably a dumb question)
wat do people think of yashica t4's any similar cameras that i should check out.
Old 16-11-09, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by racki09 View Post
what do people think of yashica t4's
I have one. If I went out and about with both the SLR and the T4 and shot a reel of film in each. A few days later when the prints came back, as soon as I flipped the envelope open, I knew which set had come from the T4. This camera probably has the sharpest lens I've even had the pleasure of using.

Fully auto, so you're stuck with the settings it gives you, it doesn't tell you what those settings are either. So, if it's creative effects you're after, then avoid. If it's point and shoot with a great lens, then, providing you can live with the relatively wide fixed 35mm prime, then it's a good camera.

I've just gone to dig mine out of the cupboard and found it has a half used reel of film still in it. The film is at least 6 years old, I wonder what's on it?
Old 16-11-09, 17:13

For compactness try Olympus XA and Minox 35. Both are tiny and take flashes (the Minox has a dedicated line of flashes but it'll take other models as well). The Olympus has a coupled rangefinder whereas the slightly smaller Minox is scale-focus. People tend to think the Minox's lens may have the edge in sharpness, though the glass on the XA is certainly not shabby either. Both have cult followings, the only one I own is the Minox and I can vouch that the lens is really very sharp indeed, it's up there with the Summicron glass.
Old 16-11-09, 19:08

The Genuine Minox 35 series stuff have great lenses. DO NOT be tempted by the look-a-like Kiev35 cameras. They may look the same and usually cost only about £30 'new' but that's where the similarity ends......truly dreadful build quality, awful soft lens and next to no genuine reliability.