WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

i have an idea

Old 24-07-06, 20:24

Default i have an idea

what i would love to see and i think would be a great thread area in its own right would be a diary page ... don't laff!
maybe i am nosey or just inquisitive but i find part of the joy of photography is the journey and adventure of getting myself out and about and in the thick of things ... sometimes i get some nice pics sometimes i just come home with nettle stings and horsefly bites ... but i would find it so interesting to hear of peoples day out with their camera ... what they learnt, what they discovered about photography that we might learn from, what perhaps they did wrong .... or even just funny stories that happened to them out and about that day .... come on admit it we've all been there, taking a picture of a lesser bellied yellow headed shrike on a hedge and discovered beyond the hedge is a nudist camp or something.
on a serious note i learn something each time i go out with my camera ...somethings i do right or somethings i do wrong, i would love to hear from other peoples experiences, tips, funny stories or not so funny stories.
Old 24-07-06, 20:26

or another thread might be ... whats in the camera bag?
Old 25-07-06, 12:31

Much prefer the first idea. Here at WPF we have more of an emphasis on technique and subject than on equipment. I would love to see a diary thread develop. I don't get as much time as I used to to go out and take photos, this thing called work keeps getting in the way. I'm sure those retired types will be able to contribute rather more frequently to a "picture of the day" type thread.
Old 25-07-06, 15:18

I second the "Dairy" thread.
Question is how much of change we can expect from this generous site that serves us for free and what should be the limit in binary storage and at the end how often it is going to be used. If a trial can be arranged, it surely would be nice to see if it actually works. For now we may want to bring one sample in "Critique" forum.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 25-07-06, 15:59

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

At one time BF was going incorporate individual blogs in some fashion. I don't think it ever actual happened but it seems to me that would work well instead of what is being proposed as a new thread.
Admin can probably tell us more.