WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Aaaargh - Fuji S3 Pro failing ?

Old 18-06-07, 13:04

Oh, and if you do publicise this elsewhere, such as dpreview, make sure you send a link to Fuji. Bad publicity hurts especially when the poster is polite and sticks to the facts.
Old 18-06-07, 14:03

Some useful background information on this kind of thing, if you're thinking of taking it further:
http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page38311.html
Old 21-06-07, 18:14

thanks Yelvertoft.

an update for you all - Jessops are being very helpful and I've sent the camera off to them to see what they can do - 10/10 on Jessops I have to say - complete step change vs atitude from Fuji.

I wrote to the MD and received a prompt reponse via email this evening - in summary it said that the Customer Services manager had specifically gone through the case with the MD, and they had both felt that the appropriate conclusion had been met - IE the 25% discount (still 450 pounds repair cost!) was justified and more than fair. They reminded me that even though I'd highlighted that the fault had occurred before warranty end - just I hadn't spotted it - that the onus was completey on the customer to spot failures in a timely manner and within the warranty period.

In summary I've replied and this is my genuine feeling - that I'll never buy another Fuji camera whether they bring out the best DSLR ever - as to me I just can't treat an expensive DSLR as a 12 month /throw-away item (practically).

Buyer beware.

Mark.

Last edited by Buckster; 21-06-07 at 18:17.
Old 21-06-07, 18:59

This attitude always puzzles me. Anyone reading this forum, who might have been thinking 'Fuji S5pro or Nikon D200', is certainly going to be less likely to go for the Fuji option if they have any worries about reliability. If fuji had agreed to help you for free or a nominal amount you'd have been recommending them to everyone - as it is you'd probably advise Nikon. Having a good attitude with regard to helping out when goods are just out of warranty brings more to a company in the end than having a dogmatic attitude over the cut off date - that's what the company I work for has found over the years anyway!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greypoint/sets/
Old 21-06-07, 19:05

thanks for the reply - surprised me too.

I would think even a 'Pro would erk at a 450 bill for a new sensor - it just wouldn't be cost economical.

I'm currently looking at D80s and D200s - but waiting for Jessops reply first (they'll get the camera tomorrow)

even if Jessops can't sort anything (and they said they would have swapped it if they had any remaining stock) - they have been very pleasant to deal with.