WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Instagram

Old 11-07-12, 12:25

And so can we run a page for WPF????
Old 11-07-12, 13:29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsetman View Post
See, your all coming round. I love the freeness and creativity of it. I think WPF should have its own account. I am happy to set it up and if those that post in the gallery dont mind, we could post the best pics of the day/week. We could then tweet and facebook them too and start to drive more traffic to this site and get it the recognition it deserves!!!

What say say you fair people??
Personally I'm not too sure about having a WPF account and I'm definitely not keen on the idea of it being used to post gallery photos. There would be issues with people giving permission to use photos. I wouldn't mind some of my photos being used but I wouldn't want othe used (the file size doesn't do some images justice). It might be easiest to start with if members from here use a standard #tag (perhaps #WPF) for images posted. I will look into this a bit more and discuss it with site admin and see what we can do.
Old 11-07-12, 13:40

As it will be a WPF page there should be no issue with the permissions, after all they were uploaded into a public space for all to view and WPF has a level of ownership and besides whats nicer than to share more of the posters work on a higher visability site, it can only be a good thing.

Lets face it, this site is falling behind many others and needs its bum kicked a bit to stand out. I am not aware of another doing this and think about it this way, everyone that subscribes to WPF will then visit the site and that can only be a good thing. People dont have to take part if they dont want to.

Can i ask what the point of this site is these days??
Old 11-07-12, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsetman View Post
Whats better than to see the world through others eyes from the photos they have taken and chose to share. .
That plus helping and being helped by others is the point of this site, what lifts it above others is that it has managed to remain friendly with no flaming and trolls. If Instagram helps further the site then fine but any possible downsides have got to be looked at carefully plus how to implement it.
Old 12-07-12, 00:43

What about uploading some pictures we have taken on instagram to show what it's capable off. From his thread I get the impression most people haven't experienced or seen what it is, let alone agree to have a WPF account
Old 13-07-12, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoll View Post
That plus helping and being helped by others is the point of this site, what lifts it above others is that it has managed to remain friendly with no flaming and trolls. If Instagram helps further the site then fine but any possible downsides have got to be looked at carefully plus how to implement it.
Agree with Mike, said how I feel about WPF and Instagram better than I could.
In my opinion WPF needs more members who will join in and actively support the other members in an open and friendly way. If Instagram or any other idea helps, then its fine by me.
Old 20-07-12, 10:41

Here is an article in the Guardian about it saying it is the antithesis of photography:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...al-photography

As they used to say in the exam papers of old - Discuss!
Old 19-03-13, 00:41

Still in the dark ages I see. When is WPF going to move forwards and interact and find new members. I haven't been on in a while and was shocked to see how few posts have been posted. I am sure I just saw tumbleweed!
Old 19-03-13, 19:39

Shush you'll wake the natives, you know it's nap time.
Old 26-07-17, 06:04

Instagram is best photo hosting website and i really enjoy my photography with Instagram.