WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > WPF Photo Competitions Forum

WPF Photo Competitions Forum All the details for the monthly WPF Photo Competitions

October 2006 Competiton Theme

Old 01-10-06, 09:31

Default October 2006 Competiton Theme

Our October competition theme shall be 'Architecture' , please upload your photos to the competition entries category in the gallery.

The competition will be open until October 31st. At the end of October entries will go into a poll for voting for two weeks when a winner will be announced and transferred into the competition winners category. At the end of this year all competition winners will be entered into a poll for the photo of the year contest, held in January 2007.

If the poll held in the beginning of November results in a tie, the tied entries will be placed in a further poll for one week when a winner will be announced.

One entry per member, photo must have been taken by a member but there is no time restriction on when the photo was taken.

In the event of an overwhelming number of entries Moderators and Admin will decide on a final short list, in this event any Moderators or Admin who entered the competition shall remove their own entry.
Old 11-10-06, 21:03
Super Moderator

I am bumping the thread up to remind members about this months competition theme Architecture. I see there are photos in the gallery that would fit the criteria. Don't be shy post your entries.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 12-10-06, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I am bumping the thread up to remind members about this months competition theme Architecture. I see there are photos in the gallery that would fit the criteria. Don't be shy post your entries.
Christine,

Saw this this morning, so we went to Norwich. Stevie went shopping, and I took some pics to suit the theme.

Don
Old 13-10-06, 13:34

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA
Wink

I don't think we have any here on the Island and we are much too laid back for last months Action theme!
Old 13-10-06, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
I don't think we have any here on the Island
Even if you were to live in a hole in the ground, that could be classified as a primitive form of architecture. I know you have sheds, I've seen them in your pictures. That's architecture! Of a sort.

Go forth and be imaginative!
Old 13-10-06, 16:08

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

I was being facetious!
Old 14-10-06, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
I was being facetious!
Sorry Dan, I have friends who've been to PEI and told me about the place, I couldn't be too sure.
Old 17-10-06, 11:36

Although I am more than happy for any picture I post to be discussed, would it be better if any critical comments were kept out of the competition forum until the results are revealed. Surely the entries are to be judged independantly without first reading someone elses critical judgement.
After the votes have been counted, comments would certainly be welcome by me. (if only to tell me why I didn't win!!!!!)
Old 17-10-06, 22:18

Although I do not enter in each competition I do support those who have, by voting. Although I will have read comments at the time the image was added to the gallery, I do not take these into account at the time of voting. Looking at the spread of votes cast shows that people will vote for what appeals to them. Under those circumstances they may well not agree with an apparently negative comment, if one has been made and they read it.

I have added a pic to this months comp and have recieved two comments re symmetry. I value positive comment and have gone back to my image and re-looked at it. I have decided that my posted version reflects my interpretation of the scene so it stays. If it does not appeal come the voting, then it will not get any votes. Will I regret entering it .... NO. Why .... because it appeals to ME and was posted in the hope that it may appeal to others as well.

Have I taken comments on board .... YES, as by my latest gallery pics. They were taken with the subsequent persective correction in mind so each image is a portion of the origional full frame image.

Unless you have to satisfy a paying client, I believe that you, as the photographer are the client. So satisfy yourself, and hope your images will also appeal to others.

Don
Old 17-10-06, 22:43
Chris

you have summed it up pretty well Don and I think half the value of the forum is in improving ones performance through taking note of comments

also think it very disappointing how few do vote in the comps as it leaves it slightly open to a fortuitous result; it is rare for several to run neck and neck even when several do seem to have a lot of quality